CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!


Its Fathers' Day today - 20th June 2010! It is a day honouring fathers, celebrating fatherhood and strengthening paternal bonds. Personally, I feel that there is not much commercialization of Fathers' Day compared to Mothers' Day. This is quite unfair since dads too play an important role in families and even in societies. I was at a bakery shop looking for special cakes made specially for Fathers' Day celebration and the girl there told me "Sorry, we don't bake any special cakes for Fathers' Day, only Mothers' Day!" I was kinda sad to hear that. C'mon, Dads are special too! They are our heroes! :)

I expressed my heartfelt Fathers' Day wishes to the greatest Guruji, the 10th Master of the Sikhs, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj! :) Happy Fathers' Day to my dearest daddy, Mr Jaswant Singh who taught me what true unconditional love and dedication really means. He is the man and for his love, I am eternally grateful! We had a simple yet filled with love surprise for him! Got a cream cake with fruits topping and a bottle of sparkling juice to celebrate. The expression on his face - priceless! Oh yess, gave him an early Fathers' Day gift two days ago - a GPS which I bought at the Tech Fair held at the UTAR campus. I knew it would be the perfect gift since he recently bought a new car and he often travel for business purposes. Just like I presumed, he was extremely happy and astonished! He fixed it the next day itself before traveling to Penang! =)

20th June also marks the 10th year death anniversary of my paternal grandfather who has gone to meet the maker on the 20th June 2000. It has been 10 years and he is deeply missed by everyone. He left us unsaid and will always be a part of us till we reunite in a new cycle soon again! We will be having his anniversary prayers at the Gurdwara later in the evening. I love you dadaji! Happy Fathers' Day to both my late dadaji and late nanaji! Miss you both heroes! And, to all the cool dads out there, Happy Fathers' Day!! Have a day filled with love, joy and happiness! God bless! :)















No comments:

Post a Comment