CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 5, 2011

# the story of my pay cheque

I feel so blessed today. So so blessed. I thank Lord the Almighty for blessing me an opportunity to serve the kids of Yayasan Anak Yatim Piatu Darul Aitam (Busarah), Temoh. *love*

It was four days ago when I received my pay cheque for facilitating the Asasi students Language Camp in UiTM Tapah. I was excited as I already have plans in my mind on how to spend the money. For once, I wouldn't be considering myself broke! Wheee!

On the way back home, I stopped at a traffic light somewhere in Temoh and on my left, I saw this kids at the orphanage who were playing in the rain. I didn't know why I felt so emotional looking at those orphans, some of them who looked about 6-7 years old. The feeling was from God, I would say that I decided to enter the gate of the orphanage. There I met an Ustaz of the orphans and he told me the background of some of the orphans which was very saddening. Some were brought up there since they were born because they were left at the door of the orphanage. :'(

I asked the man if they were being given any education but he was reluctant to enlighten me. He just told me that those children attend religious classes everyday. Only that?! That was the question is ting-tonging in my head. I left the orphanage after bidding them goodbye.

When I came back home, I told my mum about the encounter and I even felt like doing something to help them in some way. I called the Ustaz I spoke to earlier, I told him I'm a teacher and I would like volunteer to teach the kids during weekend but he said the management do not take any non-muslims there. Okay fine whateverrr! Then, I ask him if I can organize a tea-party for them, and he said yes, but the venue should be in the orphanage.

Since the kids are having Hari Raya Korban celebration on Sunday, I was asked to come on Saturday. Thus, with the kind help of my cousins, I had the party on Saturday (today) and it went out great! Yay to me! *wink wink*

There are 37 of them, so I brought them meehoon, KFC, nuggets and fries, packet drinks, ice-cream and goodie bags! Played some games with them, they had fun and I received lotsa love! With God's blessing, I hope I'd be given more opportunities to bring smiles on their faces! :)

* I have pictures in my cam, will upload them soon!

2 comments:

a.for.anis. said...

hyee dear!

first of all, welcome back to blogging!

second of all, i feel so touched reading your blog! you have such a big heart, and it's a shame that a Muslim like me has never done anything like that. no wonder the rezeki that comes to you has been rewarding; because God knows He is giving it to the right person!

deep inside i am angry to that ustaz for being selfish. but it's a good thing that the kids enjoyed whatever you had done for them :)

please take care, and see you soon! XOXO!

Scarlett Bleu said...

hey good on you! proud of you babe!

Post a Comment